Homeschooling  

4 members have voted

1. 1. How do you use Frontier Girls in homeschooling?

• I base my lessons on badges
    • I find badges that follow my lesson
    • I don't Homeschool
    • I don't use Frontier Girls when Homeschooling

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closes on 03/23/2019 at 04:51 PM

What about homeschoolers like me that both base lessons on badges as well as find badges that fit my lessons?  

We usually try to make Fridays a lighter or more fun day, so we often do something towards a badge then. We were doing some science stuff using our microscope last week and used that to start on the microscope badge. I've been homeschooling for years and rarely find a science program we like, so I think we might use many of the science related badges as unit studies next year.  I think we can have lots of fun studying a variety of things and earning badges before we get to the harder high school level sciences in a few years.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, kacordy said:

What about homeschoolers like me that both base lessons on badges as well as find badges that fit my lessons?  

I didn't think about adding that, But that would be  good to add. Is there anyway to edit a post?

I'm not sure how to respond to the poll because we do a mix of lessons based on badges as well as finding badges to go along with lessons we are doing. 

We have trouble finding science program that we like as well so it has ended up being a hodge podge of things. We've been doing more badge based lessons and it seems to work much better for our family. 

I was trying to respond to OHmom's post but didn't do it right. haha! I need to learn how to use this type of forum.

Edited by hisgem
  • Like 1

I am sorry that I did not think of that when I was making the poll. Do you know of any way to edit this type of stuff?

25 minutes ago, Sarah said:

I am sorry that I did not think of that when I was making the poll. Do you know of any way to edit this type of stuff?

It allowed me to edit one of my posts but now I can't even find the edit option that I remember using. I feel really clueless about this forum. haha

We do both - plan badges around our homeschool studies/field trips and plan homeschool units around badges. Frontier Girls is a great fit either way!